Skip to main content

I don't want to wake tomorrow, to see today


I can't help but wonder how today thinks it's going to create a different tomorrow by listening to a failed yesterday.

The thinking today might not know what it should be about but if the method of elimination as thought by mathematics is useful at least it should know what not to be about.

Who and what are the failed past?

If we have ever had a conversation about Financial institutions, you would probably have heard me say this statement: "I would rather not bank at all than bank with Union Bank" I must also commend their improvement if they continue might change my stand one day.

What I have not told many is why I have this strong notion towards the bank. Growing up they made banking unattractive and my mum would sometimes have me pay part of the price. Making a withdrawal at that time was true rocket science. I remember my mum would have to deposit me at her bank to join the queue, which could last 5 hours or more before it gets to her turn coupled with serious pleas and begging.  And the day she refuses or forgets to tip(which is more of a ransom to me) we can be sure some notes would be missing. I experience this as a child and I made up my mind that I was not going to be part of that financial institution (failed yesterday).

But the emphasis is on the lesson and not the story told. The lesson is to stop listening to a failed yesterday. You can't create a better tomorrow by taking tutorials from a failed yesterday.

Double Jeopardy is having your yesterday scammed and also submitting today to be scammed leaving the view of a better tomorrow very blurry.

To be honest with you, I am not expecting much from this generation may be the next or next or next generation.

But,

"I don't want to wake tomorrow, to see today" - Seun Ayilara

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elite Guitarist

  For More Content Follow Here For More Content Follow Here

Time Validates

Hey there. Let's set the alarm for a productive day ahead. Before diving in, let's acknowledge the date, which might vary depending on where you're tuning in from. Now, let's get to it. But first, a word on the political and economic landscape here in Nigeria. It's crucial to recognize that the political elite often prioritizes their own interests over those of the people. Trusting them blindly is akin to living in a cycle of déjà vu, where they justify their actions while contradicting the interests of the people. Remember the proposal some time back that all politicians should educate their kids within Nigeria? The dismissive response to that idea was telling. It's clear they prioritize their own convenience over the needs of the people. We mustn't be naive to think they have our best interests at heart. It's imperative for us, the citizens, to organize and protect our own interests. Unity among us is paramount, transcending divisions based on religion

The Merchant of Venice

I got to the point of deliberately using movies as an extension of my library. It was 2 weeks to the exam and the book "Merchant of Venice" would not enter my skull no matter how hard I tried, it was a book written by Shakespeare and like the usual Shakespeare style of writing this would be a bit technical also because of its settings (in literature setting means the actual place and time of an event). This literature is centred around the old Italian environment. So there were many terminologies used in English that were unclear because of the Italian twist. Don't forget it was 2 weeks before the WAEC (West African Examination Council) Exam.  The Twist - So my beautiful literature teacher got informed that there was a premiere of the Merchant of Venice book (the movie) at another school and gave us the update. It was the needed update very sure than any 'maga or fraudsters' update would rely on. It was a turning point in how I would begin seeing and interacting w